Region: New Nordic Diet in Europe (Belarus)
Main components: Chamaenerion angustifolium (fireweed, great willowherb, rosebay willowherb, Koporye)
Estimated cooking time: 2 minutes; 30 minutes – waiting
- Dried fireweed leaves – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 300 ml
How to cook:
- How to prepare tea mix from fireweed you can read here: Fireweed (Koporye, Russian) Tea
- Boil the water and let it cool a bit (become 85-90 degrees C).
- Add dried leaves to the water.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes.
Taste (personal opinion): It was my first time when I tried fireweed tea – don’t expect it will taste the same as traditional tea: fireweed tea has nice herbal flavour and I really enjoyed drinking it with summer honey 🙂
According to books, fireweed tea mix taste should become stronger and more intensive after 1-2 months. Let’s wait till autumn and check!