Region: New Nordic Diet in Europe (Belarus)
Main components: strawberries
Estimated cooking time: 10 minutes; 7-9h – waiting
Strawberry season is close-to-end in Belarus. It’s so sad to say «Good bye» to such a wonderful berry till next summer. Dried strawberries is a try to save a piece of summer for autumn and winter: use for tea/as a snack/grind in powder and use for baking.
- Strawberries – 600-700 g
- Vegetable dryer
How to cook:
- Wash strawberries in cold water.
- Cut them into slices (1-2 mm).
- Put slices into vegetable dryer.
- Dry for 7-8 hours; temperature 45-45 degrees C.
- Dried strawberries are crispy and not sticky.
- Outcome = 55 g.
Taste (personal opinion): It was my first try to dry strawberries. I loved the process of drying – strawberry aroma was everywhere! Let’s wait will winter and test the results 🙂