Region: New Nordic Diet in Europe (Belarus)
Main components: redcurrants, mint
Estimated cooking time: 30 minutes
- Redcurrants – 500g
- Dried mint – 10g (you can take fresh mint instead)
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons (you can add more or skip)
How to cook:
- Wash the redcurrants in cold water and drain them in a colander.
- Press redcurrants to extract juice from them (by fork, for example).
- Add a glass of water (not hot) to redcurrants and leave for 10 minutes.
- Filter redcurrants to split juicy water from berry pulp.
- Now prepare the base of the drink: put berry pulp into a pan, add mint and one liter or water; boil the mix, add sugar and cook 5 minutes more.
- Cool the mix and filter it to remove pulp and mint leaves.
- Mix cooled drink with juicy water prepared earlier (point 4).
- Drink is ready. You can also put it to the fridge to make it colder.
Enjoy this fresh summer redcurrant vitamin drink!