Region: New Nordic Diet in Europe (Belarus)
Main components: plums, wheat flour, nuts, sugar, butter
Estimated cooking time: 30 minutes
Super-tasty and easy to cook plum muffins with nuts – they disappeared from the plate in minutes 🙂 Don’t skip nuts: they are very important component!
The recipe is taken from the book of Claus Meyer ‘The Nordic kitchen: one year of family cooking’. I halved the amount of butter and sugar – plums gave enough sweetness.
- Butter (soft) – 70g
- Sugar – 100g
- Eggs – 2
- Wheat flour – 140g
- Nuts – 30-40g
- Plums – 10
How to cook:
- Our ingredients.
- Preheat oven (200 C degrees).
- Mix butter and sugar together – while they become fluffy.
- Add one egg, mix and add the second egg.
- Add the flour.
- Add nuts (I cut them into big pieces) .
- Cut the plums in half, remove the stone and splice plums into large cubes. Gently mix them with dough.
- Put the dough into the muffin pans.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remember, all ovens are different: in my case baking took about 25 minutes.
- Outcome: 12 yummy plum muffins with beautiful dark read plum pieces. Enjoy!