Region: New Nordic Diet in Europe (Belarus)
Main components: Canola oil, vinegar, mustard
Estimated cooking time: 5 minutes
Traditional French dressing for green and other salads.
- White wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon (can be 2, depends on personal preferences)
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Canola oil – 6-8 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper – 1 pinch
- Optional: 1/4 tea spoon of dried herbs (like basil, or Herbs de Provence)
How to cook:
- Mix vinegar, salt and mustard.
- Add oil, pepper and herbs.
- Leave to stay for 10 minutes.
As variant: just whisk all together in a small bowl.
Taste (personal opinion): 1 tablespoon of the dressing is enough for 150-200 g of salad. Dressing can be stored in a fridge for a week.